It’s official: Kyle MacLachlan has confirmed that he will be returning to the role of Special Agent Dale Cooper for the promised third season of David Lynch’s cult classic Twin Peaks.
The announcement came by way of a surprise appearance from MacLachlan at a meeting of the US Television Critics Association, where the actor walked up to David Nevins (President of US cable channel Showtime, which will be screening the new season) holding a mug, and told him “I think you need you a damn good cup of coffee.”
MacLachlan said he was “very excited to return to the strange and wonderful world of Twin Peaks.”
We’re pretty darn excited too, we have to admit! In honour of this news, we’ve collected our ten favourite Dale Cooper quotes together into this handy list. Unsurprisingly, most of them are coffee, pie, or Diane related.
If we left out your favourite, drop us a Tweet @RooblaOfficial
10. “You know, this is – excuse me – a damn fine cup of coffee.”
9. “Harry, I’m going to let you in on a little secret: every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don’t plan it; don’t wait for it; just let it happen. It could be a new shirt in a men’s store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot, black, coffee.”
8. “Nothing beats the taste sensation when maple syrup collides with ham.”
7. “They’ve got a cherry pie there that’ll kill ya.”
6. “Diane, I’m holding in my hand a small box of chocolate bunnies.”
5. “Diane, never drink coffee that has been anywhere near a fish.”
4. “Diane, last night I dreamed I was eating a large, tasteless gumdrop, and awoke to discover I was chewing on one of my foam disposable earplugs. Perhaps I should consider moderating my nighttime coffee consumption.”
3. “I only have time for coffee.”
2. “Doc, when the will is invoked, the recuperative powers of the physical body are simply extraordinary. Just give me a couple of hours to get dressed.”
1. “This must be where pies go when they die.”