Last Active: 8th February 2019 6:20 pm
A keen interest in Film, TV and Video Games, Tom writes screenplays in his spare time in the hope that one day a film he penned will be reviewed on this very site.
Each month, I rummage through the annals of television history, reviewing shows past. This time, we head into space to join the crew of Battlestar Galactica
Review: Mad Max: Fury Road (2015)
Mad Max returns after 30 years, but can he make an impact in this modern world?
Each month, I rummage through the annals of television history, reviewing shows past. This time it’s a race against the clock as we join Jack Bauer in 24 and look at how it reinvented the format.
Review: Bloodline – Season 1 (2015)
Netflix is on to another winner with this new thriller from the creators of Damages...
Bond’s Future in Video Games
With the licence in limbo, does Bond have a future in video games?
Each month, I rummage through the annals of television history, reviewing shows past. This time, we crash-land on the mysterious island of Lost.
20 Years of GoldenEye
One of the most highly rated Bond films celebrates it's 20th Anniversary
Remembering… The Wire
We head back to the mean streets of Baltimore to see how this special show casts the police in a very different light.
Six threequels better than the sequel
Don't you just love it when the third film in the trilogy makes up for a disappointing sequel?
4DX the way forward?
Is this the future of cinema or just another gimmick?
Remembering… The Sopranos
A look back at The Sopranos (1999) and how it made the Mafia mainstream
Whatever happened to The Breakfast Club?
A look back at the careers of the five main cast members since making one of the best films of the 80s
Remembering… The Shield
A look back at The Shield (2002), one of the darkest cop shows to air on television
Top ten Scrooges
Ten of the best portrayals of Ebeneezer Scrooge from Charles Dickens' classic, A Christmas Carol
A look back at the first HBO drama series to push the boundaries of television as we knew it.
tombatt's Comment Stream
- Apologies for the error, it has now been corrected. Thanks for pointing it out. Sylvester Stallone on to Direct Creed 2
- Haha, I thought the exact same thing about Henry. He's always inviting you to parties. Review: FIFA 18 (2017)
- I agree with this 100%. I can't remember which pundit said it, but they pointed out if a penalty was wrongly awarded and a player sent off in a cup final, that end in the team being awarded the penalty winning the game because of it. They won't care about the ban because they've already won the cup. It all needs to be done in the moment. Diving: Now Part of the Beautiful Game
- Completely agree. Carl is the most annoying character, I can't stand him. If the second half of this season doesn't pick up then I'm done with this show. There's much better out there I can be wasting my time on. Why I have stopped caring about The Walking Dead
- I'm sorry Sara, but this competition has closed. Win Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children on DVD – CLOSED
- I watched Krampus this year and loved it. Perfect little 80s throwback film. 10 Alternative Christmas Movies
- This is what I've been waiting for! I can organise my christmas viewing schedule now lol TV film listings give Sleigh Bells and Cinema
- great article and I certainly agree. I went into Better Call Saul with low expectations, but so far I have been pleasantly surprised by the shows dedication to Breaking Bad's tone, yet able to form it's own identity. Better Call Saul: Living up to the hype?
- As a Tottenham fan, I would love nothing more than to see Kane play for England, but your article did get me thinking. Too often we promote youngsters into the senior team and they don't seem to handle to pressure mounted on them. Maybe the odd England game here and there would be beneficial, but I'm sure by the time the next Euros come round he'll have enough experience to shoulder the weight of expectation. The rise and rise of Harry Kane
- I'm excited for this. I trust him to make a great addition to the franchise Stop Everything: Neill Blomkamp's Alien film is gonna get made