This week in movieland…
- It was confirmed that Eddie Murphy will host the 2012 Oscars. The event will take place 26th February – save the date in your diaries.
- Proving no film is safe, it was discovered that plans are afoot to make a Beetlejuice sequel.
- Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger are to have larger roles in Expendables 2, with Willis being the film’s main bad guy.
- It may be four years too early but Nike are releasing a limited edition pair of sneakers that look quite familiar – it’s Marty’s self-lacing Nike’s from Back to the Future II! Only 1500 will be made and proceeds go to Michael J. Fox’s charity. We’re just left wondering when hoverboards will appear…
- The Hellfire Club (who appeared in X Men: First Class) almost had their own movie but the project didn’t take off.
If you're a FILM enthusiast and enjoy writing, we need you. Become a Roobla writer, now - http://roob.la/jobs